When you work nightshift and you are on a budget, you end up with hours off when other people work. For me, I flip my schedule which means there are several days a week where I am exhausted but want to get out of the house. Shopping is the danger zone, so I went searching for something I could do on my own that was low cost, but fun.
That is how I found Moviepass. Moviepass is a subscription service I pay $9.99 a month forand it allows me to see one standard definition movie in a movie theater per day. You read that right – one movie a day every day in participating movie theaters. In my city, almost every theater participates.
How it works on your end. You get a moviepass card that works like a debit card. You go in to see your movie, check out like you usually would, and just swipe your card where you would normally swipe your debit card.
The perks for me are incredible.
- This is a low cost way for me to get out of the house. I’ve been averaging 2 movies a week and I love it.
- It has encouraged me to see all sorts of movies I would have likely not seen because I only kinda wanted to see them, but not for $13. As a result, I have seen some incredible movies.
- There are no blackout dates. Sweet.
- you can only buy one ticket… which can cause some problems if you are trying to get a group together. This really works best for solo movie goers, which is certainly not a large portion of the population.
- It is for standard def movies. I don’t care about this at all, but someone might.
- You can only get tickets the day off and in the theater. If you are the type of person who likes midnight premieres, this would likely just be a source of frustration for you.
If you are a movie lover or someone who thinks you might want to see more movies as a low cost day out, give it a try! I’ve convinced about 8 of my friends to try it and it’s been universally loved. I think you might find it the same!