I love getting my CSA share, but especially my first year, but continuing now, I find myself thinking “what am I going to do with all this [insert any vegetable here]”. If you are like me and struggle with what to do with x,y, or z vegetable or simply looking to add more vegetables into your rotation, this summer series is for you!
I will be posting new recipes that highlight vegetables, really trying to focus on seasonality.
First one up, Swiss Chard!
This recipe is utterly delicious and a reminder that things that come out off a muffin tin don’t always have to be sweet. Have this recipe for breakfast or serve it as a fun side with dinner.
Seriously, look at all this yummy, summer goodness.
Bacon, Zucchini, and Swiss Chard Savory Muffins
- cooking spray
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 minced garlic
- 10 chard leaves, stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 2 zucchinis, shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup – 1 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Generously spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray. Be sure to have all your vegetables prepped before starting the next part!
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add bacon. Cook gently until bacon begins to curl, 3 to 5 minutes. Add onion, garlic, and chard leaves; cook and stir until chard has wilted, stirring occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove bacon and dice.
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges of muffin turn golden brown, about 17 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note here, don’t skimp on your cheese. The better quality the cheese, the better it will taste.