Resolution time, folks! This will be a two article topic with one being a reflection of the past year and one being my 2017 resolutions. I LOVE resolutions because they help me really focus on where I have improved, where I need and want to still improve, and what I ended up not actually caring about. I don’t actually get frustrated if I didn’t reach my goals because often there is still improvement and its all about the journey and other clichés.
So without further ado here is how I did with my 2016 goals:
Big, most important goal: Get in to nursing school – done. It’s been hell, but I did it.
-Lose 20 pounds. I did this, but then I gained it back… boo. But we will get there
– eat vegetarian once a week. I killed this for the first part of the year and then fell apart when I started nursing school. But I miss it and I need to get back to it.
– Do yoga or Pilates twice a week. See above.
– not allow school to justify treating my husband neglectfully. Mixed results. Nursing school has really made me lean on Z. a lot more, but I also struggle with that. But overall, I feel overwhelming gratitude for how he has been my rock through this process.
– try one new restaurant a month with Z… yeah, no, we have no money.
– Read at least two books a month. Killed it. Like, seriously, probably one of my best book reading years.
– complete family reading challenge. Ironically, I did not accomplish this. Close but no cigar. However, it did push me out of my comfort zone and we are doing another family one this year.
– Begin working towards and develop a plan for streamlining my wardrobe and beauty products: I took huge steps towards this goal this year, although I am not where I want to be yet. But I got rid of tons of products and clothing, while working towards being much more intentional with what I bring in.
– Begin taking skin care seriously. Getting there. I have taken huge steps, but I lack consistency. I have the routine now, I just need to be consistent.
– Be present and work on discipline. When working on school work, work on school. Same with work, time with Z., family time, etc. Nope, nope, nope. Failed. But it is a worthwhile goal and I will likely roll it over for next year.