Nom, nom, nom.
That’s all you need to know about this recipe.
I love pineapple, but it always had too much acidity for me. So I started baking it to help cut back on the fruit acids. Then, I thought why not make it spicy?!?
This simple recipe takes 30 minutes and is the easiest, cheapest snack I can think of. When pineapples are on sale (for 0.99!) I make up a batch on Sunday and it lasts all week.
-1 to 3 tablespoons Sriracha, depending on how much heat you like
-teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut up pineapple. Be sure to take out the core, but save it to make infused water.
- Put pineapple in pie pan. Or any other pan you have lying around.
- Put sriracha and pepper on pineapple. Stir.
- Put in over for 20 minutes, stir, then leave for another 10.
- Take out, cool, eat.
Sweet, spicy, and cheap. Steal my beating, snack-loving heart!
Also, you didn’t hear this here, but it is amazing on vanilla ice-cream too.